Monday, March 21, 2011

13.1

I completed my first half marathon! A group of us (along with 5000 other runners) went down to Moab this past weekend, some to run the 1/2 and the rest to just play. So, while some of us were killing ourselves on the run, everyone else went on various hiking and biking adventures.

I am not ashamed to say that I crossed the finish line at 2 hours 30 minutes exactly. I walked away with a lovely blood blister on the bottom of my foot and some severely chapped lips from the wind but all in all I feel pretty great. Later that day a small group of us hiked up to Delicate Arch (a 3 mile round-trip hike). Crazy, I know. But it was a beautiful hike, amazing view and a great way to top off the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. WHOOT WHOOT!! Look at you go girl! So awesome! How did you feel the NEXT day? HA HA HA!

    ReplyDelete