Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Adventuring

A couple of weeks ago I packed some snacks, rented a car (yep, drove on the 'other' side of the road while shifting left-handed) and headed to Bath. Thank goodness for my trusty phone, who was the perfect navigator and got me straight there. Unfortunately, it was rainy and cold. But I was in Bath so no complaining allowed.


The Circus


Oh where to go.


The Crescent. I wanted to run down the street in the hopes I'd catch Captain Wentworth on the other end. Although, not sure if he'd have me in the state I was in.


A friendly couple behind me agreed to take my picture while we all waited in the cold to see the Roman Baths. I forgot my umbrella so picked up this cute little number. Didn't realize until later that the small flowers were shaped like hearts. I could see the five-year-old girls eyeing it with envy.


The Romans sure knew how to live.


What is a day trip...or any trip...or any day without yummy food. I found this incredible carrot cake in a little bakery along with a yummy gingerbread steamer. Makes one forget the rain.



After exploring the market, checking out Bath's beautiful bridge with built-in shops, and going to the Therme Bath Spa to enjoy the rooftop pool and aromatic steam rooms, I hopped back into my trusty car and headed out to find Stonehenge. Sadly, it was closed when I got there so I had to peek over the fence.


I think my umbrella and I had both reached our limits at this point.


But still pretty amazed by this sight.






5 comments:

  1. Envious ... me, of the sights you're seeing and Hadley, of your umbrella - but she is a major fan of all umbrellas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It MOSTLY looks amazing! The soaked part may not be as much fun! I am so glad you are getting out and about to see everything- but I did expect you to! Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the two previous comments: Jealous. And keep blogging! Awesome adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your orange coat could not be more perfect for these adventures. Excellent purchase! And thank you for posting so we can all live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like. Your blog especially about mombasa and mahambri..good times

    ReplyDelete