Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beans. Beans. The Magical Fruit?


Actually, I hate that song and I apologize if it is now running through your head. After having beans for lunch everyday for the past 3 weeks, I'm now wishing they had some magic in them to change into something else like say...jellybeans. The rest of my diet isn't anything to write home about either....oh wait.

Here's what my pantry looks like today (minus the ant trail): 3 packages of ramen, 1 bag brown rice, 1 box of banana/toffee oatmeal packets (my new favorite), 3 boxes of off-brand thick & creamy mac & cheese and 1 box passion fruit juice. In the fridge we have 1 box of black current juice, sliced Gouda cheese, 1/2 loaf of sliced bread and carrots.

I feel I've reverted back to freshman year of college. Only there are no cheap pizza delivery places to call and no Wendy's around the corner. To be honest, it's entirely possible to cook almost anything you want here but I find I can't bring myself to spend much time in a hot kitchen. So, I take my grilled cheese sandwich with me to sit in front of whatever fan happens to be available and hope this diet doesn't come back to haunt me.

1 comment: