Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Melinda Must Be Crazy

So, if you haven't seen The Gods Must Be Crazy then stop reading right now and go watch it. Seriously. I'll wait.

This movie came up the other day when everyone began fighting over my external drive. I bought a small netbook for this trip since I didn't want to fry my mac or run the risk of having it stolen while I'm down here. Since netbooks don't have a CD/DVD drive, I purchased an external drive to run software and watch movies. Once they found out at work about my device the word spread like fire.

There are a few netbooks in the office but no one has been able to print from them because they couldn't run the printer software on the computer. As a result, they always have to switch computers when they need to print. Not so convenient or efficient. So, my little drive has been passed around the head office countless times and has even made multiple trips to the branches.

The other day I had 3 people all want to use it at the same time. We had to schedule time slots so that everyone could have a turn. That's when Omar jumped in and said it reminded him of the movie The Gods Must Be Crazy. He told me that everyone was content before I brought my external drive into the office and now everyone is fighting over it. I asked if he would be the volunteer to take it to the edge of the Earth and get rid of it, then. He shut up.

1 comment:

  1. Totally laughing it up here in Cedar City!! You should start accepting tips for use!! Call it wear and tear or replacement cost!!

    ReplyDelete